Published: March 4, 2018
- The kinds of information we collect at or through our website: www.estateplanningministry.org (the “Site”) and other third party software and plugins integrated into the Site (the “Apps”)
- How we may use that information; and
- Who we may share it with.
This Notice also describes how we protect your personal information, and how to contact us to learn more about our privacy practices. If you purchase the use of EPM’s paid services, you are able to complete user-driven self-help "fill in the blank" estate planning forms that You populate through an automated software solution provided by EPM (which You then may use to populate certain form documents on your own behalf) (the “Paid Access”). The website itself and all educational materials, Apps, Paid Access, EPM designs, logos, intellectual property, and any other information, content, materials, forms, documents, articles, source code, software, and other materials incorporated into the website are collectively referred to herein as the “Site Content.” As the current Paid Access is only intended for use by Illinois residents, by purchasing Paid Access, you are representing and warranting that you are an Illinois resident. If you are not a resident of the State of Illinois, do not use Paid Access.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
Cookies. Our Site may use web, HTML5, and Flash cookies. These allow us to identify your browser and remember your information, settings, and your visits at the Site. We may also use other types of local storage, such as browser- or plugin-based local storage.
We also use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record-keeping purposes. We may link the information we store in cookies to your personal information in order to provide a faster and more pleasant online experience. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site will be limited.
We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. We use session cookies to record session information, such as which web pages a user has visited, and to track user activity on the site. We also use session cookies to store any passwords used on the site (such as a password associated with a user account), so you don't have to enter it more than once per session. Session cookies expire when you close your browser.
We use persistent cookies to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Persistent cookies remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your browser's "help" file.
Most browsers give you the option of enabling, restricting, and disabling cookies. You can control Flash cookies by visiting Adobe’s FlashPlayer Settings or Settings Manager.
Note: If you disable cookies, you will not be able to use all the features of our website or our web services. That’s because the system needs to remember you to complete your forms and remember the information you provided before.
Web Server Log. Our web server log may:
- Collect information about your device, operating system, browser, access domain, and other system settings,
- Identify your system’s language and your country and time zone,
- Record the page that referred you to our Site, your device’s IP address, and the pages you visit at our Site. To control which servers collect information, we may place tags (web beacons) on our pages. We also may send software instructions to your device that collect details of your interactions with our Site, such as the kind of general information listed above.
- We use third party security to prevent malware and other malicious attacks or threats, and these security plug-ins, apps, scans, and related security services may also collect and analyze data (of a similar nature as EPM’s own web server may log) for the limited purpose of undertaking these security measures.
Analytics. We may use analytic services from other companies, such Google Analytics, to learn how visitors use our Site. These services will know your IP address, and they share information with us about how you use our Site. Your usage information helps us to:
- Troubleshoot any problems and improve the Site,
- Meet our legal duties and comply with policies and procedures, and
- Know if you are a new or returning visitor.
To opt out of Google Analytics, click here.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
The information we collect depends on what you do when you visit our Site. Please note that we do not collect personally identifiable information about you when you visit our Site unless you choose to provide such information to us. We will ask for certain personal information (the “Personally Identifiable Information”) as a condition to your use of certain aspects of the Site Content. This could include:
- Your name
- Your contact information (Address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, and other contact information)
- Your geographic and demographic information, including without limitation, age, date of birth, gender and marital status
- Any information you provide when you register an account
- Payment processing information (only to the extent necessary to process your payment through the secure third party payment processing gateway – EPM does not store any credit card payment information)
- Information regarding third parties and applicable family members you name in your estate planning documents (including without limitation, their contact information, demographic information, geographic information, and other information you enter while using Paid Access);
- property you own
- Your personal history and related information
- Personal information in any message(s) you send us through our Contact Us tool or disclose on any telephone call with EPM
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
The information you provide at our Site or through Site Content may be used to:
- Manage and improve the services we provide and how we communicate with you
- Create and manage your account
- Communicate with you about your account and information at our Site
- Process your payment
- Provide and facilitate your Paid Access if applicable (including without limitation, to store information you enter in order to back-up (i) your answers; (ii) Site Content; and (iii) form submissions you generate through Paid Access)
- Respond to your requests and questions
- Customize your experience with the Site and Site Content
- Manage and update our client databases
- Perform data analytics
- Protect against fraud, and manage our risk exposure
- Develop new services
- Share certain information with third parties (as noted below)
If we use your information in other ways, we will notify you when that happens.
WITH WHOM MAY WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Service Providers and Third Party Affiliates. We may share your personal information with outside service providers, such as software developers we hire to debug or improve our website, program, and/or any future mobile application we offer. These providers may only use or disclose your personal information to provide services to us or comply with legal requirements. We may also collect and share limited information (your name, address, email address, and other contact information with Good Sense NFP, an Illinois non-profit corporation.
Researchers / Data Analysts. We may also share personal information for research, academic studies, data analysis, and reports. Information for these purposes is always aggregated, which means that none of the information is linked to a particular person (will not include your name, address or other specific individualized information). For example, the data we share may be used to say how many users (not the names of) live in New York. We may also share with others how many people (not who) visited our Site.
We do not share information from:
- Small categories of specific information that contain fewer than 5 people, or
- Specific categories of personal information, such as names, Social Security numbers, birthdays, login and access details.
For some Site features, specifically including without limitation Apps, Paid Access and Registration, the use and sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information is required.
For legal reasons– We may share your personal information if we have good reasons to believe we need to do so to:
- Protect our rights, operations, or users
- Comply with applicable law, regulation or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena
- Respond to a request from a government agency, such as law enforcement or an investigation of an illegal activity
- Prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss
If our business structure changes – If we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets, such as during a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation, we may transfer your personal information to a third party. But that third party must agree to protect your personal information according to the terms of this Notice and as otherwise required under any governing law applicable to the same.
OPT OUT PROCEDURES
Unless otherwise specified herein, we do not provide Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes. If you decide to opt-out from allowing EPM to share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for marketing purposes, you may do so by contacting EPM’s Customer Support at [email protected] or by calling (708) 228-1017. To the EPM has already shared your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for marketing purposes prior to your decision to opt-out, you may opt out from future marketing by contacting the Third Parties directly.
If you do not wish to receive promotional emails from us, please let us know by using the opt-out response device that can be found at the bottom of every email we deliver or by emailing us at [email protected]. To help us process your request, please include sufficient information for us to identify you in our records. Please allow a reasonable time for us to process your request. Please note that, although you can opt not to receive promotional messages, we reserve the right to send you informational email messages about any user account you establish on this website or administrative notices regarding the site, as permitted under the CAN-SPAM Act (15 U.S.C. §7701 et seq.).
If you do not wish for us to share your information with our related companies, please let us know by sending your request to: Estate planning Ministry, LLC, Attn: Privacy Office, 110 W. Roosevelt Rd., Wheaton, IL 60187 or email to [email protected]. To help us process your request, please include sufficient information to allow us to identify you in our records. Please allow a reasonable time for us to process your request.
YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR INFORMATION
You may change your personal information on the profile page for your account(s) at the Site.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We have administrative, software, and physical safeguards to protect the personal information you provide at our Site and/or through Site Content against accidental, unauthorized, or illegal access, disclosure, destruction, loss, change, and other illegal use.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITE(S)
NO PROTECTION UNDER ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGE NOR ATTORNEY-WORK PRODUCT
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our Policy. If our information practices change materially at some time in the future, we will post the changes to our website and revise our Policy accordingly. In addition, if we have collected personally-identifying information from you, we will notify you about the changes and secure your consent prior to making use of your information in new ways.
Please send any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice to [email protected].